About the Award
There are two categories of Award: The Centre awards Scholarships to Postgraduate candidates to enable them undertake higher degree studies in ACETEL at Masters and Doctorate levels and for short professional training in ICT.
ACETEL awards scholarships on the affordances of technology to ensure digital literacy and enhance the quality of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education, and also provides access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans. ACETEL scholarship alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their Countries.
To be taken at
Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning (ACETEL), National Open University of Nigeria.
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Cyber Security
- Management Information System
- Short Courses
- Internet of Things
- Cloud Computing
- Block Chain
- Open Government Data
- Data Base Management
- Data Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- English language for non-English Speakers
- Digital Literacy
- Cyber Security
- Leadership and Project Management
- Learning Technology
- Programming: C, Python, Java….
Masters, Doctorate Degrees and Short Courses
To be considered for a postgraduate scholarship or short course award, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent for Masters and Doctorate Degrees, or a minimum of 5 credits at O’levels for short courses
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge and training gained through the scholarship will be used to improve reform in their home countries
- Satisfactory English or French proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English or French
- Satisfy all requirements of the Nigerian Government for the appropriate student visa.
- Nationals of African Countries.
- Professionals working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non-Governmental Organisation (Civil Society).
- Qualified candidate who wishes to undertake a Masters degree or Doctorate degree in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You have a clear vision on how you will use the knowledge and training gained through the programme to improve reform in the proposed field of study.
- Gender Equality: ACETEL targets equal participation of females and males. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged, and mechanisms are in place to support female applicants and awardees.
- Disability Inclusion: ACETEL aims to ensure that people with disabilities are given fair and equal opportunity to apply and obtain a scholarship.
- Inmates: Qualified inmates.
- Special consideration will be given to Regional candidates (West African Sub-Region)
Number of Scholarships
Ten (10) for Masters students, Five (5) for Doctorate Degree students and Forty (40) for Short courses annually
Value of Scholarships
The scholarship budget is valued at $3000 for Masters students, $4000 for Doctorate Degree students and $100 for Short Courses
Duration of Scholarship
For the duration of candidate’s programme, no scholarship would be allowed beyond the duration of the course. The student should maintain CGPA of 4.5 and above
Application Forms can be obtained on the ACETEL portal.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
ACETELscholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across board are selected.
A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD Applicants only).
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, and its expected impact on national development (MSc Applicants only).
Possession of five (5) O/level credits or its equivalent, including English or French Language.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in the first degree or its equivalent
- Possession of five (5) O/level credits or its equivalent, including English or French language.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) or its equivalent in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal (of not more than five (5) pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection
Applicants are advised to scan copies of all relevant academic documents and attach to their online application form.
Special consideration will be given to international students.
How to apply for ACETEL schorlarship award
- Application Form must be requested online: Go to ACETEL Website
- Select Scholarship and Click on Apply Now
- Choose a course (Masters, Doctorate Degree or Short courses)
- Carefully read the eligibility criteria to check that you are eligible to apply
- Request for the application form
- Fill in the details, upload relevant document and submit request
- Acknowledgement will be sent Via Email address