About the Award
There are two categories of Award: Acetel Awards Scholarships for Postgraduate candidates to undertake higher degree studies in Acetel at Masters and Doctorate levels, and for Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in ICT sector.
Acetel Awards Scholarships on the affordances of technology to ensure digital literacy and enhance the quality of Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education, and also provides access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. Acetel Awards Scholarships Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their State and countries.
To be taken at
Africa Centre of Excellence on Technology Enhanced Learning, National Open University of Nigeria.
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Cyber Security
- Management Information System
- Short Courses
- Internet of Things
- Cloud Computing
- Block Chain
- Open Government Data
- Data Base Management
- Data Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- English language for non-English Speakers
- Digital Literacy
- Cyber Security
- Leadership and Project Management
- Learning Technology
Masters, Doctorate and short courses
To be considered for a postgraduate scholarship or short course award, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of an eligible African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent for Masters and Doctorate degrees , or a minimum of 5 credits at O’levels for short courses
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge and training gained through the scholarship will be used to improve reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English or French proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English or French
- Satisfy all requirements of the Nigerian Government for the appropriate student visa.
- You are a national of an African country.
- You are a professional working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non-Government Organisation (Civil Society).
- You wish to undertake a Masters or Doctorate degree in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You have a clear vision for how you will use the knowledge and training gained through the programme to improve reform in the proposed field
- Gender Equality: Acetel Awards target equal participation by women
and men. Applications from women are strongly encouraged, and
mechanisms are in place to support women applicants and Awardees.
- Disability Inclusion: Acetel Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain
a scholarship. Applications from people with a disability are strongly encouraged. Mechanisms are in place to support applicants and Awardees requiring specific assistance.
- Inmates: Automatic Scholarship for qualified inmates.
- Special consideration will be given to International student.
Number of Scholarships
15 for Postgraduate and 40 for Short courses annually
Value of Scholarships
The scholarship budget is valued at $3000 for Masters students, $4000
for Doctorate Degree students and $100 for Short Courses
Duration of Scholarship
For the duration of candidate’s programme
Application Forms can be obtained on the ACETEL portal.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
ACETEL scholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across board are selected.
A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD Applicants only).
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, and its expected impact on national development (MSc Applicants only).
Possession of five (5) O/level credits or its equivalent, including English Language or French.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree its equivalent
- Possession of five (5) O/level credits or its equivalent, including English Language or French.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) or its equivalent in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal (of not more than five (5) pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection
Applicants are advised to scan copies of all relevant academic documents and attach to their online application forms.
Special consideration will be given to international students.