M.Sc. Artificial Intelligence
About the Course
A central goal of the research is to develop intelligent agents, which have weak properties such as autonomy, social ability, reactivity, proactivity, temporal continuity and goal orientedness as well as strong properties such as mobility, benevolence, rationality, collaborative ability and adaptivity. Past and current projects include knowledgeable agents, text mining, text categorization, question / answering, biomedical Information Retrieval systems, Welsh-English translation, believable agents (e.g. chatbots), and artificial life agents.
Biannual Intakes (December, May)
Round the Clock support
World wide recognised certificate
Candidates for this programme must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper in a computer-related degree or Mathematics, physics, Engineering or other degrees with substantial mathematics content. OR
- A minimum of 3.5-points at the PGD level in a computer-related degree E.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology.
- Candidates are expected to have taken the following background (or their equivalents) courses:(i) Algorithms (ATI823)-Programming, Algorithm design and analysis. (ii) Basic probability, statistics and algebra (ATI821)-Linear algebra and Discrete Math.
- In addition, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent, at not more than two (2) sittings, in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Further Mathematics.
Duration of Program
The programme minimum duration is 3 semesters and the maximum is 6 semesters.
- The student must earn a minimum of 45 credit units to graduate as follows:
Core courses = 39 credit units including dissertation
Elective courses = 6 credit units electives
- The student must present two seminars before the final defense
- The student is expected to publish in acceptable peer reviewed conference proceedings/journal
- The minimum CGPA to proceed to dissertation is 3.00 and the minimum graduation CGPA is 3.00