M.Sc. Management Information Systems
About the Course
A central goal of the research is to develop intelligent agents, which have weak properties such as autonomy, social ability, reactivity, proactivity, temporal continuity and goal orientedness as well as strong properties such as mobility, benevolence, rationality, collaborative ability and adaptivity. Past and current projects include knowledgeable agents, text mining, text categorization, question/answering, biomedical Information Retrieval systems, Welsh-English translation, believable agents (e.g. chatbots), and artificial life agents.
A degree M.Sc in Management Information System (MIS) will enable you make smart decisions in your organization. The programme comprises a lot of trending courses with best practices. A lot opportunity await students of MIS such as sponsored conferences and workshops, assistance with publications, access to our virtual library, laboratory and other online resources.
MIS programme is a World Bank project with double accreditation – NUC &International. The students are expected to finish in record time with a lot of career opportunities, such as – Computer Systems Administrator., Search Engine Optimization Specialist, Database Administrator, Information Security Analyst, IT Manager etc.
Round the Clock support
World wide recognised certificate
To be admitted into the MSc. Management Information System, a candidate is expected to fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution with a Second Class Lower in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Communication Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/ Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Physics Electronics, Physics with Mathematics.
- A minimum of 3-points from a recognised institution at the PGD level in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science, Communication Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/ Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Physics Electronics, Physics with Mathematics
- In addition, the candidate must possess a minimum of five credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent, at not more than two (2) sittings, in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of the following Biology, Agricultural Science, Computer Studies or Further Mathematics.
Duration of Program
The Programme minimum duration is 3 semesters and maximum of 6 semesters.
- The student must earn a minimum of 36 credit units to graduate as follows:
Core courses = 30 credit units including dissertation
Elective courses = 6 credit units electives
- The student must present two seminars before the final defense
- The student is expected to publish at least two (2) papers in a reputable peer reviewed conference proceedings and journal
- The minimum CGPA to proceed to dissertation is 3.00 and the minimum graduation CGPA is 3.00