M.Sc. Management Information Systems
About the Course
The M.Sc. Management Information Systems programme is designed to prepare graduates for challenging careers involving the design, analysis, implementation and operation of computer-based information systems.
The M.Sc. Management Information Systems programme aims at admitting research-oriented graduates of Management Information Systems and other related fields into the high stratum of management information systems professionals. The programme is expected to exploit all the resources (both electronic and hard copy), in NOUN to guide students into ground-breaking research and producing world-class dissertations.
Biannual Intakes (December, May)
Round the Clock support
World wide recognised certificate
To be admitted into the MSc. Management Information System, a candidate is expected to fulfil the following minimum requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution with a CGPA of 3.0 and above in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Communication Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/ Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Physics Electronics, Physics with Mathematics
- A minimum of 3-points from a recognised institution at the PGD level in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science, Communication Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/ Electronics, Mathematics, Physics, Physics Electronics, Physics with Mathematics
(1) In addition, the candidate must possess a minimum of five credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent, at not more than two.
(2) sittings, in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of the following Biology, Agricultural Science, Computer Studies or Further Mathematics..
Duration of Program
The programme minimum duration is 4 semesters and the maximum is 8 semesters.
- The student must earn a minimum of 36 credit units to graduate as follows:
- The student must present two seminars before the final defense
- The minimum CGPA to proceed to dissertation is 3.00 and the minimum graduation CGPA is 3.00